The procedure for reviewing manuscripts of articles in the journal "The Journal of V.N. Karazin Kharkov National University. Issues of Political Science":
1. Reviewing (expert evaluation) of manuscripts of scientific articles is carried out to maintain a high scientific and theoretical level of the journal "The Journal of V.N. Karazin Kharkov National University. Issues of Political Science".
2. The journal "The Journal of V.N. Karazin Kharkov National University. Issues of Political Science" uses Double-Blind Peer Review:
- the reviewer does not know the personal information of the author / authors;
- the author / authors do not know the personal data of the reviewer.
3. The scientific articles submitted to the editorial office undergo initial control regarding the completeness and correctness of their registration and compliance with the Manuscript Requirements set out on the site.
4. The primary expert review of a scientific article is carried out by the editor-in-chief.
5. The Editor-in-Chief determines the reviewer from the membership of the editorial board, who oversees the relevant scientific direction, for the article to be published. In the absence of a member of the editorial board – the curator of the respective direction, the Editor-in-Chief (deputy Editor-in-Chief) defines the external reviewer for the provided article. Reviewers (both members of the editorial board and external) should be known experts in the subject matter of the submitted manuscript and have published in the field of research (preferably during the last 5 years).
6. After an expert evaluation of a scientific article, the reviewer may:
- recommend article for posting;
- recommend the article for its publication after author's revision, taking into account the comments and wishes expressed;
- do not recommend article for posting.
If the reviewer recommends the article for posting it after revision, taking into account the comments, or does not recommend the article for publication, the review must state the reason for the decision
7. The necessary element of the review should be the reviewer's assessment of the author's personal contribution to solving the problem under consideration.
8. Scientific articles may be sent for further consideration:
- insufficient expert qualification, indicated in the issues considered in the scientific article;
- insufficiently high level of primary expert judgment;
- acute controversy of the provisions expressed in the scientific article.
9. The executed review is sent to the editor by e-mail in the form of a scan copy
10. The editorial office sends copies of reviews to the authors (unnamed, so as not to disclose the data of the reviewer) or the reasoned refusal of the editorial office to publish this particular manuscript.