- ISSN 2218-2926 (Online)
About the Journal
ABOUT THE JOURNAL
“Cognition, communication, discourse”, series: Philology, is an international on-line journal, a collection of research works.
Founder and publisher: V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University.
Published since 2010.
Frequency – 2 issues a year.
All articles are blind peer-reviewed.
Language of publication: English, French, German, multiple. Summaries in English, Ukrainian, Russian.
This electronic journal is included into the list of specialized scientific publications in Ukraine category “Б” (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No 1643 dated December 28, 2019).
The publication is registered at ISSN International Center - ISSN 2218-2926 (Online).
“Cognition, communication, discourse” is an on-line open-access journal. Both its editorial team and the choice of authors are international.
AIMS AND SCOPE
“Cognition, communication, discourse” focuses on language as an instrument for construing meaning, exchanging information and a form of social practice. Ittheiruses on high-quality doctoral and post-doctoral research in cognitive linguistics, linguistic pragmatics, including cognitive pragmatics, corpus linguistics, discourse analysis and on interdisciplinary approaches in neighbouring research areas such as semantics, conversation analysis, ethnomethodology, sociolinguistics, psychology.
Our aim is to publish innovative content, which contributes to cognitive and communicative linguistic theories drawing attested data from a wide range of languages and cultures in synchronic and diachronic perspectives. Alongside full-length articles, the journal welcomes discussion notes and book reviews on topics which are at the cutting-edge of research.
“Cognition, communication, discourse” presents a forum for linguistic research on the interaction between language and cognition, structures and strategies of discourse, communication studies.
The journal is aimed at linguists, teachers, graduate and post-graduate students who are doing their researches in Philology and conjoint spheres.
Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
All articles have their DOIs: 10.26565 / 2218-2926-XX-X.
PUBLISHING ETHICS and REVIEW PROCEDURE
“Cognition, communication, discourse” is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal. All research articles in this journal undergo rigorous double-blind peer review, based on initial editor screening and refereeing by anonymous referees. The journal is committed to meeting high standards of ethical behaviour approved by the Ethical Code of The Scientist of Ukraine and by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) at all stages of the publication process.
The review procedure
- By submitting an article for publication, the author thereby agrees to publish his / her full text on the journal’s official web-site and on the web-site of Vernadsky National Academic Library of Ukraine.
- The executive secretary informs the author about the receipt of the article and the beginning of the review process.
- The editorial board is entitled to carry out scientific and literary editing of the materials on the author’s accord, or to send the article back to the author for further work.
- The editorial board reserves the right to reject an article that does not meet the established requirements or the subject matter of the journal.
- In case of rejection of the article, the editorial board gives the author a reasoned conclusion.
- The term of reviewing the article does not exceed 2 months. The author is to make necessary changes in his/her material in two-weeks’ time.
- An article which was not recommended for publication by the reviewer is not accepted for reconsideration. The text of the negative review is sent to the author by e-mail.
- After the editorial board takes a decision to publish the article, the executive secretary informs the author about it and specifies the terms of publication of the article on the web-site.
The reviewers involve members of the journal editorial board, as well other researchers whose scope of interests coincides with the theme of work. Reviewers evaluate the article in terms of the originality of the results, the adequacy of the methods and the of the analysis findings, and decide whether the article can be accepted unchanged, or after the removal of some issues or whether it is rejected.
The editor-in-chief examines the reviewed materials, makes comments, takes decisions on the publication.
All articles undergo the process of plagiarism checking using modern software and plagiarism online detector “Strikeplagiarism.com” (owner “Plagiat.pl”). The system establishes similarity coefficient 1 (the percentage of text that determines the level of borrowing found in certain sources, consisting of text fragments, containing at least 5 words) and similarity coefficient 2 (percentage of text that determines the level of borrowing found in certain sources that consist of text fragments containing at least 25 words). The recommended indicators of originality of articles are:
– similarity coefficient 1 – no more than 20%,
– similarity coefficient 2 – no more than 5%.
The editorial board of the journal takes the final decision on the presence of plagiarism or the lawfullness of borrowings found by the anti-plagiarist system.
All materials are published after they are recommended by the academic board of the V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University.
Authors and reviewers stick to the principles outlined in:
Academic Integrity for authors
Academic Integrity for editors
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
The journal has a policy of open access to the full published content, supporting the principles of the free dissemination of scientific information and the global exchange of knowledge for the sake of global social progress. According to the Budapest Open Access Declaration (2002), open access means free, fast, permanent, full-text real-time access to peer-reviewed journal material implemented for any user in the global information network. The journal publishes articles under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Non-Derivs License (CC BY-NC-ND) which permits copying, distribution, performance, modification and development of the author’s material providing due references to the original work.
The end user is granted access to the magazine for free.
Article submission and publication is free for authors.
The journal is indexed in:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine
- Scientific Indexing Services (SIS)
- Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE)
- Index Copernicus
Copyright and license
The authors reserve the copyright of their work and submit to the journal the right to first publish this work under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Non-Derivs License (CC BY-NC-ND). This License allows free distribution of the work published with a compulsory reference to the author(s) of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
Open Journal Systems supports the LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) system to ensure a secure and permanent archive for journal content. The LOCKSS Program is an open-source, based at Stanford University Libraries. It provides libraries and publishers open source digital preservation tools to preserve and provide access to persistent and authoritative digital content.
See LOCKSS Publisher Manifest page.