About the Journal
Aim and Scope
“Visnyk of Karazin Kharkiv National University” is devoted to the modern studies in the field of geology, geochemistry, hydrogeology, ecology and social and economic geography.
“Visnyk” is intended for scientists, specialists and high school lectures.
Peer Review Process
Double "blind" reviewing: the reviewer has no information about the authors, and the authors have no information about the reviewers. The so-called independent reviewing. There are at least 3 or more reviewers to review all the article in the issue.
Frequency of the journal is biannually (May and November.)
Open Access Policy
This journal is practicing a policy of immediate open access to published content, supporting the principles of the free flow of scientific information and global knowledge sharing for the common social progress.
This journal uses LOCKSS for distributed archiving content published in numerous libraries and information centers. Libraries - Party LOCKSS project ensures long-term storage comprehensive archives and journal automatically restore damaged information. More
Principles of professional ethics in the work of the editor and publisher
In its activities, the editor is responsible for the publication of works of authorship, which imposes the need to follow the following basic principles:
- When deciding on publishing scientific journal guided reliability of data and scientific significance of the work in question.
- The editor should evaluate manuscripts intellectual content, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, origin, nationality, social status or political affiliation of the authors.
- Unpublished data from manuscripts submitted for consideration must not be used for personal purposes or passed on to third parties without the written consent of the author. Information or ideas obtained in the course of editing and related to possible benefits must be kept confidential and not used for the purpose of personal gain.
- The editor should not allow the information to be published, if there is sufficient reason to believe that it is plagiarism.
- Editor in conjunction with the publisher should not be left unanswered complaints regarding considered manuscripts or published materials as well as the detection of a conflict to take all necessary measures to redress.
Ethical principles in the work of the reviewer
Reviewer provides scientific expertise of copyright material, so that its action must be impartial in nature, involves the following principles:
- Manuscript received for review, should be treated as a confidential document, which can not be passed for review or discussion to third parties who do not have full powers from the editors.
- The reviewer is obliged to give an objective and reasoned assessment of study results. Personal criticism of the author is unacceptable.
- Unpublished data from manuscripts submitted for consideration must not be used for personal purposes reviewer.
- The reviewer who has not, in his opinion, is qualified to assess the manuscript, or can not be objective, for example, in the case of a conflict of interest with the author or organization should inform the editor with a request to exclude it from the review process of this manuscript.
Principles that should guide the author of scientific publications
The author (or group of authors) realizes that bears primary responsibility for the novelty and validity of the results of scientific research, which involves the following principles:
- The authors should provide reliable research results. Knowingly false or fraudulent statements are unacceptable.
- Authors should ensure that the results of studies outlined in manuscript provided, completely original. Borrowed fragments or statements must be filed with the obligatory indication of the author and the source. Excessive borrowing and plagiarism in any form, including unregistered quotes, paraphrasing or assignment of rights to the results of other people's research is unethical and unacceptable.
- It is necessary to recognize the contribution of all persons somehow influenced the course of the study, in particular, the article must be submitted references to the work that made the difference in the research.
- Authors should not submit the manuscript to the journal, which has been submitted to another journal and is under consideration, as well as an article already published in another journal.
- Co-authors of the article should include all persons who have made significant contributions to the study. Among the sponsors is unacceptable to designate persons who did not participate in the study.
- If the author finds significant errors or inaccuracies in the article on the stage of examination or after its publication, it must as soon as possible notify the Editor.
The journal has no article processing charges (APCs).
Policy of screening for plagiarism
Papers submitted to the journal will be screened for plagiarism using plagiarism detection tools. The editorial staff uses the online system www.unicheck.com. The journal`s editorial staff will immediately reject papers leading to plagiarism or self-plagiarism.