Improved model for the passive mass transfer through the cell plasma membrane
Based on the essentials of the linear nonequilibrium thermodynamics the model for transmembrane passive mass transfer was developed for the case when penetration through the membrane is obeyed for solvent molecules and molecules of one of electrically neutral extracellular dissolved components. In contrast to conventional Kedem-Katchalsky equation our improved model has broader application area and do not contain coefficients depending on the experimental features. It was shown that under certain conditions the improved model matches the Kedem_katchalsky model.
2. Paynter SJ, McGrath JJ, Fuller BJ, Shaw RW. A method for differentiating nonunique estimates of membrane transport
properties: mature mouse oocytes exposed to glycerol//Cryobiology. 1999 Nov;39(3):205-14.
3. Kedem O., Katchalsky A. Thermodynamic analysis of the permeability of biological membranes to
4. Гроот де С.Р., Мазур П. Неравновесная термодинамика/М. Мир 1964, с.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).