About the Journal
- Focus and Scope
- Publishing schedule
- The procedure of manuscript evaluation
- Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
- Peer Review Process
- Open Access Policy
Focus and Scope
''Visnyk of V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National University. Ser. Mathematics, Applied Mathematics and Mechanics'' publishes research articles in all areas of pure and applied mathematics, if they meet the standards of rigorous mathematical presentation, have a high scientific level and are of interest to a fairly wide range of mathematicians. Articles of a more specialized nature are published if they fall within the scientific interests of the members of the Editorial Board.
The print publication has been recorded permanently in the ISSN Register as follows: ISSN 2221-5646
Key title: Visnik Harkivs’kogo nacional’nogo universitetu imeni V.N. Karazina. Serii: Matematika, prikladna matematika i mehanika
Abbreviated key title: Visn. Hark. nac. univ. im. V.N. Karazina, Ser.: Mat. prikl. mat. meh.
The online publication has been recorded permanently in the ISSN Register as follows: ISSN 2523-4641
Key title: Visnik Harkivs’kogo nacional’nogo universitetu im. V.N. Karazina. Serii: Matematika, prikladna matematika i mehanika (Online)
Abbreviated key title: Visn. Hark. nac. univ. im. V.N. Karazina, Ser. Mat. prikl. mat. meh. (Online)
Parallel title: Visnyk of V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University. Series Mathematics, applied mathematics and mechanics
Now each article of our journal has a unique number DOI 10.26565/2221-5646 (Digital Object Identifier).
The journal currently appears two times per year.
Diversity in geographical distribution of editors (2021): France, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Vietnam.
Diversity in geographical distribution of authors (1999-now):
Bulgaria, Cameroon, France, Germany, Jordan, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vietnam.
The procedure of manuscript evaluation
We declare the following main steps toward the final decision on a manuscript submitted to the journal:
1) The preliminary check of the submitted materials to the rules for Manuscript Preparation (link).
2) The initial check for Plagiarism. Our Editorial Board currently uses the Plagiarism Checker 'Unicheck' for all
the manuscripts. In case of an essential percentage of similarity, Editorial Board initiates a more deep check (distingushing literal copying, substantial copying, paraphrasing, etc.).
3) Peer Review Process (single-blind peer review). This step is the most important on the way to the final decision.
The corresponding author will receive an anonumous report(s) to have a chance to revise (improve) the text.
This step is usually repeated if reviewers are not satisfied with the revised text.
On the other hand the corresponding author could provide the answer to reports to explain the changes in the revised text and/or reasons why some of the reviewer's comments were not taken into account. We expect all the arguments to be supported by references. For more information, see COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers.
4) The evaluation of the preivious steps by a member of the Editorial Board/ Editor-in-Chief / Responsible Editor.
5) The decision on the acceptance / rejection of the manuscript.
6) In case of the acceptance, the corresponding author will receive the link to the Proof-reading (pdf) and a period of time
when some minor changes could by made. Essential changes will lead to the additional Review Process of the manuscript.
7) The final publication of the manuscript (electronic and hard copy versions).
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
Our journal follows the COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors and the Code of Conduct for Journal Publishers.
The journal follows the COPE general guidelines as well (http://publicationethics.org/resources/guidelines).
Duties of Editors
1. Editors should evaluate submitted manuscripts exclusively on the basis of its academic merit and the relevance to the scope of the journal.
2. Ensure the quality of published material through peer-review.
3. Assigning reviewers to the respective articles.
4. Editors and editorial staff will not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, potential reviewers, editorial members.
5. Editors should avoid situations of any possible conflicts of interest in which the relationship could bias judgement of the manuscript. Such conflicts may include, but are not limited to, handling papers from present and former students, from colleagues with whom the editor has recently collaborated.
6. Editors should provide reviewers with written, explicit instructions on the journal's expectations for the scope, content, quality, and timeliness of their reviews.
7. Editors should respect the intellectual independence of the author(s).
Authors responsibilities. Authors should not submit manuscripts describing essentially the same research as previously published. Parallel submission of the same text to different journals constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
Originality and Plagiarism: The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works. If the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted. Plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is unacceptable. Our Editorial Board currently uses the Plagiarism Checker 'Unicheck' for all the manuscripts.
Authorship of the Paper: All authors mentioned in the paper must have significantly contributed to the research. The author submitting the manuscript to the journal ensures that all contributing co- authors and no uninvolved person(s) are included in the author list.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts of ''Visnyk of V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National University. Ser. Mathematics, Applied Mathematics and Mechanics'' are peer-reviewed.
Single-blind peer review: reviewers know the identity of authors, but authors don't know the identity of reviewers.
All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. We expect our Editors and reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential materials.
We ask all the reviewers to disclose any potential competing interests before agreeing to review a submission. The reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Peer review assists editors in making decisions and to comment authors in order to improve their manuscripts.
Any statement should have the relevant citation. A reviewer should also notify the editors of any essential similarity between the manuscript and other published data.
Standards of Objectivity: Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
Referees advice to the Editor could be ''accept'', ''minor revision'', ''major revision'' or ''reject''.
We also ask the reviewer to evaluate the manuscript on the following 1-5 point scale: Excellent: 5, Very good: 4, Good: 3, Average: 2, Poor: 1.
We ask the reviewer to send the report simultanuously in two forms. The first one is unnamed (to be forwarded to authors and other parties of editorial process). The second one is a scanned report with the signature, name and date. The second form may include the part 'Confidential Comments to the Editor', if necessary. Any comments you don’t wish to share with the authors should be in this part only. Both forms are treated as confidential documents.
For more information, see COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers.
We are thankful for reviewers efforts and advice!
Open Access Policy
The Journal ''Visnyk of V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National University. Ser. Mathematics, Applied Mathematics and Mechanics'' provides easy and open access to the contents, abstracts, metadata and full-text articles from the journal on the Website.
Copyright and License
The copyright holder is the author.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. (Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works licence).
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).
Open access to copies of all manuscripts on the site of The Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Arxiv of old and current volumes (full-texts available since 2008) on the site http://vestnik-math.univer.kharkov.ua
The Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Zentralblatt MATH ( since 1999; indexed more than 390 documents).
Zentralblatt MATH (zbMATH) is the world’s most comprehensive and longest-running abstracting and reviewing service in pure and applied mathematics.
Predecessor: Vestnik Khar’kovskogo Universiteta (documents indexed: 67 Publications since 1985).
To search in Zentralblatt MATH, use "Visn. Khark. Univ., Ser. Mat. Prykl. Mat. Mekh." as "Source"
Full title in Zentralblatt MATH: "Visnyk Kharkivs'kogo Universytetu. Seriya Matematyka, Prykladna Matematyka i Mekhanika".
Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
A short note on the history of our journal (2015). More information on vestnik-math.univer.kharkov.ua/
Any visitor of the web-site vestnik-math.univer.kharkov.ua could review the technical information on visitors/countries counter started on May 2, 2015:
Example as on 2018.11.08: 70 different countries have visited this site. 96 flags collected. This counter has been viewed 18,231 times by 3,961 visitors (different IPs).
Example as on 2022.08.24: 86 different countries have visited this site. 122 flags collected. This counter has been viewed 33,470 times by 7,972 visitors (different IPs). For the current state, please visit vestnik-math.univer.kharkov.ua.