METHOD OF EXPRESS-EVALUATION OF PARAMETERS OF THE SPECTROMETRIC TRACT
he method and the scheme of measuring stand are proposed for the fast control of the parameters of spectrometric analog-to-digital converters and other elements of the spectrometric channel. Within a few minutes the stand allows obtaining a qualitative assessment of the main parameters and identifying shortcomings in the operation of the devices that are part of the spectrometer. The method is based on recording and analyzing the spectrum of a sequence of pulses with a uniform amplitude distribution within the input dynamic range of the ADC. The principle of the device operation is described. A brief analysis of the requirements for the parameters of the measuring stand is performed, as well as an analysis of the possibility of determining differential and integral nonlinearity of the ADC, channel profile, noise level estimation in the measuring path with the help of the proposed method. The results of testing of some samples of spectrometric analog-to-digital converters are given and a brief analysis of the results is provided. The possibilities of improving the method are considered for the purpose of obtaining a quantitative estimate of the differential and integral nonlinearity, as well as the noise level of the equipment under test.
2. Gavrilov L.E. Fundamentals of Nuclear Electronics. Part 1. - Moscow: National Research Nuclear University "MEPhI", 2010. – P. 150,154. (in Russian)
3. Sheremetyev A.K. Recommendations for the use of the spectrometric ADC [Electronic resource] // Scintillators.ru. –https://scintillators.ru/booc/scintillators.ru-adc.pdf. (in Russian)
4. Aulchenko V.M., Ponomarev S.A. Bitwise-balancing analog-to-digital converter with a small differential nonlinearity. – Novosibirsk: Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics Siberian Branch of USSR Academy of Science, 1982. – 7p. – (Preprint Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics Siberian Branch of USSR Academy of Science; BINP SB USSR of AS 1982). (in Russian)
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).