ALLELE STATUS OF ALDOSTERONE SYNTHASE (CYP11B2) GENE POLYMORPHISM AND CARDIAC REMODELING AFTER ST SEGMENT ELEVATION MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION
Aldosterone plays an important role in the development of reparative and reactive fibrosis and cardiac remodeling (CR) after myocardial infarction. The objective of the study is to investigate the structural and functional parameters of the myocardium, heart rate variability (HRV), exercise intolerance, levels of sST2 in association with polymorphism of CYP11B2 gene of aldosterone-synthase in ST-myocardial infarction (STEMI) patients during a 6-months follow-up period. 85 STEMI patients were enrolled: 68 (80 %) male and 17 (20 %) female, mean age was 58,94 ± 10,16 years. Examinations were performed twice: during 1–3 days after PCI with infarct-related artery stenting and included clinical assessment, ultrasound diagnostic, immunofermentative blood analyses (sST2), polymerase chain reaction in real time (polymorphism –T344C of the CYP11B2 gene). After 6-months of observation, 57 patients were reexamined – clinical assessment, ultrasound diagnostic, HRV were performed. CYP11B2 TT-genotype in 6 months after STEMI is associated with a maladaptive character of after infarction remodeling.
2. Heusch G., Libby P., Gersh B., et al. Cardiovascular remodeling in coronary artery disease and heart failure. Lancet. 2014 May 31; 383(9932): 1933-43. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(14)60107-0. Epub 2014 May 13.
3. Babii L. N., Stroganova N. P., Savitski S. Yu. et al. The relationship between exercise tolerance, functional state of left ventricle and blood aldosterone level in patients after myocardial infarction at prolonged follow-up (Vzaimosviaz mezhdu tolerantnostiu k fizicheskoi nagruzke, funkcionalnym sostoianiem levogo zheludochka serdtsa I urovnem aldosterone v krovi u bolnych, perenesshich infarct miocarda, pri dlitelnom nabliudenii). Ukrainski Kardiologicheski Zhurnal. 2014; 2:48–53 [in Rus].
4. Cohn J. N., Colucci W. Cardiovascular effects of aldosterone and post-acute myocardial infarction pathophysiology. Am Cardiol. 2006; 97(10): 4–12. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2006.03.004
5. Weir R.A.P. Pathophysiological role of Aldosterone in Cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction A thesis submitted for the degree of Doctor of Medicine in the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Glasgow. – 2009. – 327 p.
6. Zannad F., Dousset B., Alla F. Treatment of congestive heart failure: interfering the aldosterone-cardiac extracellular matrix relationship. Hypertension. 2001; 38:1227-1232. doi: 10.1161/hy1101.099484.
7. Ciccone M.M., Cortese F., Gesualdo M, et al. A novel cardiac bio-marker: ST2: a revier. Molecules 2013; 18:15324-15328. doi: 10.3390/molecules181215314.
8. Weir R.A.P, Miller A. M., Murphy G.E.J. et al. Serum soluble ST2: a potential novel mediator in left ventricular and infarct remodeling after acute myocardial infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol 2010; 55 (3): 243–50. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2009.08.049.
9. Barbato A., Russo P., Siani A., et al. Aldosterone synthase gene (CYP11B2) C-344T polymorphism, plasma aldosterone, renin activity and blood pressure in a multi-ethnic population //Journal of Hypertension. 22(10):1895–1901, October 2004.
10. Heart rate variability. Standards of measurement, physiological interpretation, and clinical use Task Force of The European Society of Cardiology and The North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology. Circulation. 1996; 93:1043-1065. doi: https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.93.5.1043.
11. Alieva A. M., Bulaeva N. I., Gromova O. I., Goluchova E. Z. Heart rhythm variability in assessment of clinical state and prognosis in congestive heart failure. Kreativnaia Kardiologiia 2015; 3:42–55 doi: 10.15275/kreatkard.2015.03.04 [in Rus].
12. Bokeriia L. A., Bokeriia O. L., Volkovskaia I. V. Heart rate variability: methods of measurement, interpretation, clinical use (Variabelnost serdechnogo ritma: metody ismereniia, interpretatsiia, klinicheskoie ispolzovaniie). Annaly Aritmologii. 2009; 4:21–32 [in Rus].
13. Boskovic A., Belada N., Knezevic B. Prognostic value of heart rate variability in post-infarction patients. Vojnosanit Pregl 2014; 71(10): 925-930. doi: 10.2298/VSP1410925B.
14. Buccelletti F., Gilardi E., Scaini E. et al. Heart rate variability and myocardial infarction: systematic literature review and metaanalysis. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sc 2009; 13:299–307. PMID: 19694345
15. Huikuri H. V., Stein P. K. Clinical applicarion of heart rate variability after acute myocardial infarction. Frontiers in Physiology 2012; Volume 3, article 41. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2012.00041
16. Song T., Qu X. F., Zhang Y. T. et al. Usefullness of heart-rate variability complex for predicting cardiac mortality after acute myocardial infarction. BMS Cardiovascular disorders 2014; 14:59. doi: 10.1186/1471-2261-14-59.
17. Satoh M., Nakamura M., Saiton H. Aldosteron synthase (CYP11B2) expression and myocardial fibrosis in the failing human heart. Clinical Science 2002; 102(4): 381–386. doi: 10.1042/cs1020381.
18. Hayashi M., Tsutamoto T., Wada A. et al. Immediate administration of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist spironolactone prevents post-infarct left ventricular remodeling associated with suppression of a marker of myocardial collagen synthesis in patients with first anterior acute myocardial infarction. Circulation. 2003 May 27; 107(20):2525-7. Epub 2003 May 05.
19. Hengstenberg C., Holmer S.R., Mayer B. et al. Evaluation of the aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) gene polymorphism in patients with myocardial infarction. Hypertension. 2000; 35:704–709.
20. Hautanen A., Toivanen P., Manttari M. et al. Joint effects of an aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) gene polymorphism and classic risk facors on risk of myocardial infarction. Circulation. 1999; 100:2213–2218.
21. Korneva V.A. Role of polymorphic marker 344 T/C of aldosterone-synthase gene in genetic predisposition to cardiovascular disease of Carelya sitizens (Rol polymorfnogo markera 344 T/C gena aldosteronsyntasy v geneticheskoi predraspolozhennosti zhitelei Karelii k serdechno-sosudistym zabolevaniiam). Medicinskaia Genetica. 2011; 5: 28–32 [in Rus].
22. Lobach L. E., Dosenko V. E., Dolzhenko M. M Influence of aldosterone synthetase (CYP11B2) gene polymorphism upon the risk of myocardial infarction (Vplyv polimorphismu gena aldosteronsyntasy (CYP11B2) na rysyk rozvytku infarktu miokarda). Ukrainski Kardiologicheski Zhurnal. 2017; 2:26–29 [in Ukr].
23. Shilov S. N., Tepliakov A. T., Berezikova E. N. et al. The influence of C-344T polymorphism on risk of development and the flow pattern of chronic heart failure (Vliianie polimorfisma C-344T aldosteron-syntasy ns risk of razvitiia I haracter techeniia hronicheskoi serdechnoi nedostatochnosti). Zhurnal Serdechnaia Nedostatochnost. 2011; 12(2): 69–72 [in Rus]
24. Paillard F., Chansel D., Brand E. et al. Genotype-Phenotype relationships for the renin-angiotansin-aldosteron system in a normal population. Hypertension. 1999; 34:423–429.
Copyright (c) 2017 The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series "Medicine"
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series Medicine has following copyright terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work, with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.