HYPERTONIC TYPE OF DIASTOLIC BLOOD PRESSURE OF ORTHOSTATIC REACTION IN PATIENTS OF ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION
Frequency distribution of hypertensive orthostatic reaction (OR) according to diastolic blood pressure (DBP) changes were studied in arterial hypertension (AH) patients. 154 out-clinic patients with AH (58 males and 96 females) median age 63±7 years were examined.According to DBP increase during the patients transition from clinostasis to orthostasis 3 types of OR were identified: hypertensive, isotensive and hypotensive types. Persons with iso- and hypotensive types of OR were included in the study, that included 117 patients with AH (44 males and 73 females). Criteria of isotensive type of OR were changes of DBP from the identified during the orthostasis not more than on 5 mm/Hg and for hypertensive – its increase on 10 mm/Hg and more. 4 groups of patients with hypertensive OR were identified according to the DBP increase on 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, and more than 21 mm/Hg.Hypertensive type of DBP OR was found in 48% of patients with AH and isotensive type in 52%.High frequency of hypertensive type of DBP OR prevalence requires precise research with further long term follow-up and treatment of such patients.
2. Collins P. // Heart - 2006. - № 92, Supl III. - Р. 24-28.
3. Goldstein DS and others. // Neurology. - 2003. - Vol. 60. - Р. 1327-1332.
4. Kazuomi Kario. U-curve relationship between orthostatic blood pressure change and silent cerebrovascular disease in elderly hypertensives. [Orthostatic hypertension as a new cardiovascular risk factor in clinical study] / Kazuo Eguchi, Satoshi Hoshide, Yoko Hoshide, Yuji Umeda, Takeshi Mitsuhashi and Kazuyuki Shimada. - 2002. - Р. 9-12.
5. LaMaca et al. // Clin Physiol. - 1999. - Vol. 19. - Р. 111-120.
6. Radke A, et. al. // Evidence for a vestibulo-cardiac reflex in man. - 2003 - Р. 736-737.
7. Rose K.M., Eigenbrodt M.L., Biga R.L. et al. // Circulation. - 2006 - Vol. 114(7). - Р. 630-636.
8. Rose K.M, Tyroler H.A, Nardo C.J. // Am J Hypertens. - 2000 Jun. - Vol. 13(6 Pt 1). - Р. 571-578.
9. M. Sahni, D.T. Lowenthal, J. Meuleman. // International Urology and Nephrology. - 2005. - Vol. 37. - Р. 669-674.
10. Timothy C. Hain et al. // Orthostatic hypotension. Proceedings of National Institute of Health. - 2003. - Vol. 5. - Р. 42
11. Wright RA and others. // Neurology. - 1998. - Vol. 51. - Р. 120-124.
The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series Medicine has following copyright terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work, with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.