Features of development of hotel and restaurant economy of Lutsk territorial community
The geographical boundaries and composition of the Lutsk territorial community are characterized, namely the community includes 1 city, 1 urban-type settlement and 34 villages. We defined the dynamics of the number of tourists visiting Lutsk. The tourists number growth testifies to the strong promotion of the city and its environs, the development of tourist infrastructure and hotel and restaurant facilities, which are always ready to offer an interesting unique product to every visitor. We analysed the dynamics of the volume of tourist revenues to the budget of Lutsk from 2016 to 2019. There is an increase in the number of tourist revenues. If in 2016 this figure was 131,700 hryvnias, in 2019 it was almost 4.5 times higher and reached its peak - 587,609 hryvnias. 2020 is marked by a slight decline due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, a reduction in travel and hotel services. The number of temporary accommodation facilities of the Lutsk Territorial Community has been studied, they can comfortably accommodate more than 1340 guests: 1108 people - in 23 modern hotels, 233 people - in 7 modern hostels. We analysed the ratio of people who stayed and did not stay overnight in Lutsk TС. The length of stay of tourists in the city of Lutsk was studied, the number of people staying for the night is 25.2% in 2017 and 32.1% in 2019. We analysed the development of restaurants dynamics in Lutsk TС, 314 establishments operate on the territory of them: 35 units - bars, 73 units - restaurants and 206 units - cafés, cafeterias, pizzerias. The analysis of pricing policy and price segments of the Lutsk TС market is given. In the structure of hotel data, the largest share falls on enterprises whose average room price is in the range from UAH 425 to UAH 916, 1407 UAH to 2880 UAH ("Mojo" and "Noble"). These indicators show that each hotel has its own target segment of consumers, as evidenced by the cost and category of rooms.
The main problems of the hotel and restaurant industry of the Lutsk territorial community are characterized, namely: insufficient level of satisfaction of consumer requirements; insufficiently well-developed quality management system at enterprises; the predominant focus of the restaurant industry is not on the quality of their products, but on the material support of the institution; insufficiently high level of management of institutions, low level of leadership qualities of heads of institutions; very often the prerogative of the institution is the quantity of products, not its quality; insufficiently qualified level of institutions staff, and hence low quality of service; insufficient advertising activities of institutions; imperfect image strategy of the restaurant.
Solving and improving these problems will allow hotel and restaurant businesses to increase the number of consumers; will increase the efficiency of the enterprise, as a consequence of increasing the profitability of institutions; improving the efficiency of the institution's management; increasing the quality of services and the level of service; improving consumer perception of the company's image and reputation; will open opportunities for institutions to enter the international market and increase the number of consumers.
2. Balatska, N. Yu. (2020) Restorannyj biznes v umovakh pandemii koronavirusu: problemy ta napryamy transformatsii modeley rozvytku [Restaurant business in the context of the coronavirus pandemic: problems and directions of transformation of development models]. Infrastruktura rynku – Market infrastructure, 42, 117-122 [in Ukrainian].
3. Doslidzhennya stanu hotelno-restorannoyi industrii Ukrainy ta vplyv pandemii COVID-19 na neyi [Study of the state of the hotel and restaurant industry of Ukraine and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on it]. Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/7_2021/92.pdf [in Ukrainian].
4. Yerko, I. V., & Lyashuk, M. M. (2020) Diyalnist gotelnyx pidpryyemstv Volynskoyi oblasti ta mista Lucka [Activities of hotel enterprises in the Volyn region and the city of Lutsk] Rekreacijno-turystychnyj potencial regioniv Ukrayiny: suchasnyj stan, problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku: materialy IV Vseukr. nauk.-prakt. internet- konferencii (m. Luck, 14–15 travnya 2020 r.) – Recreational and tourist potential of the regions of Ukraine: current state, problems and prospects of development: materials IV All-Ukrainian. scientific-practical Internet conferences. (pp. 67-70). Lutsk: Teren [in Ukrainian].
5. Lutska Miska Rada. Oficijnyj sajt [Lutsk City Council. Official site]. Retrieved from https://www.lutskrada.gov.ua/pages/korotka-informatsiia-pro-lutsku-misku-terytorialnu-hromadu-roztashuvannia-klimat [in Ukrainian].
6. Lyashuk, M. M., & Yerko, I. V. (2020) Suchasni tendenciyi rozvytku hotelno-restorannoho biznesu rekreatsiynoho rayonu [Current trends in the development of hotel and restaurant business in the recreational area]. Restorannyj i gotelnyj konsaltyng. Innovaciyi – Restaurant and hotel consulting. Innovation, 3, 1, 109-120 [in Ukrainian].
7. Mazurets, R. R. (2017). Suchasnyj stan ta problemy rozvytku hotelnoi industrii Volynskoi oblasti [Current state and problems of development of the hotel industry of Volyn region]. Retrieved from https://evnuir.vnu.edu.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
8. Mukha, R. A. (2021). Doslidzhennya stanu hotelno-restorannoi industrii Ukrainy ta vplyv pandemii Covid-19 na neyi [A study of the state of the hotel and restaurant industry in Ukraine and the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on it]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Effective Economics, 7. Retrieved from https://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/7_2021/92.pdf [in Ukrainian].
9. Novykova, V. I. Hotelni pidpryyemstva yak zvychayna infrastruktura turystskoi diyalnosti [Hotel enterprises as the usual infrastructure of tourist activity]. Suchasni tendenciyi rozvytku industriyi turyzmu ta hostynnosti u konkurentnomu seredovyshchi: materialy mizhnarodnoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii – Current trends in the development of the tourism and hospitality industry in a competitive environment: Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference, (pp. 32-34). Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
10. Podatkovyi kodeks Ukrainy: Zakon Ukrainy №2755-VI vid 02.12.2010 r. [Tax Code of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine №2755-VI of December 2, 2010]. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/cgi-bin/laws/ main.cgi?nreg=2755-17 [in Ukrainian].
11. Prohrama rozvytku turyzmu Lutskoi miskoi terytorialnoi hromady na 2021-2022 roky (proyekt) [Tourism Development Program of Lutsk City Territorial Community for 2021-2022 (project)]. Retrieved from https://www.lutskrada.gov.ua/documents/16057944062358394-pro-proekt-programi-rozvitku-turizmu-lutskoi-miskoi-teritorialnoi-gromadi-na-20212022-roki [in Ukrainian].
12. Semykina, M. V., Pasieka, S. R., & Buhayeva, M. V. (2018). Rozvytok pidpryyemstv hotelno-restorannoho i turystychnoho biznesu v konteksti formuvannya prohresyvnoi korporatyvnoyi kultury [Development of hotel and restaurant and tourism business enterprises in the context of formation of progressive corporate culture]. Naukovi pratsi Kirovohradskogo natsionalnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu. Ekonomichni nauky – Scientific works of Kirovograd National Technical University. Economic Sciences, 33. Retrieved from https://economics.kntu.kr.ua/pdf/33/25.pdf [in Ukrainian].
13. Sokolenko, A. S., & Onopriyenko, K. Yu. (2020). Pidvyshchennya konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryyemstv restorannoho hospodarstva za rakhunok uprovadzhennya systemy yakosti [Improving the competitiveness of restaurant enterprises through the introduction of a quality system]. Suchasni tendentsii rozvytku industrii turyzmu ta hostynnosti u konkurentnomu seredovyshchi: materialy mizhnarodnoyi naukovo-praktychnoyi konferenciyi – Current trends in the development of the tourism and hospitality industry in a competitive environment: Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference, (pp. 36-38). Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
14. Steshenko, L. I., & Savchenko, I. A. (2017). Deyaki pokaznyky terytorialnoi dyferentsiatsii hotelnoho hospodarstva Volynskoi oblasti [Some indicators of territorial differentiation of the hotel industry of Volyn region]. Ekonomika i suspilstvo – Economy and society, 3, 899-904 [in Ukrainian].
15. Jones, L., Palumbo, D., & Brown, D. Coronavirus: How the pandemic has changed the world economy. Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51706225
Copyright (c) 2022 Iryna Ierko, Anastasiia Hrynasiuk, Liliia Hromko, Nadiia Melnyk
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.