COMPARISON OF DIFFERENT METHODS OF OPTIMAL BREATHING FREQUENCIES DETECTION ON THE BASIS OF HEART RATE VARIABILITY SPECTRAL INDEXES’ RATIOS
At 4 healthy volunteers in age from 22 to 29 years (2 men and 2 women) with the body mass index from 21 to 23 kg/m2the comparison of different methods of optimal frequencies of paced breathing detection, at which the greatest approximation to the optimum ratio of spectral indices of heart rate variability (HRV) was achieved were studied. Detection of optimal frequency was performed by enumeration of breathing frequency (BF) – increase and decrease from 6 to 12 breaths per minute and back, and by using automatic algorithm. The results showed the coincidence of optima obtained by stepwise increasing and decreasing of BF with data from automatic search, that indicates the possibility of method algorithmization and sufficiently high accuracy and reliability of the proposed algorithm.
2. Fang Y. Effect of different breathing patterns on nonlinearity of heart rate variability. / Y. Fang, J.T. Sun, C. Li [et al.] // Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. – 2008. – P. 3220–3223.
3. Esler М. Reduced HRV and baroreflex sensitivity as universally applicable cardiovascular «risk factors»: waiting for the bubble to burst / М. Esler, E. Lambert // Clinical Autonomic Research – 2003. – № 13 (3). – P. 170–172.
4. Lombardi F. Chaos theory, heart rate variability, and arrhythmic mortality / F. Lombardi //Circulation – 2000. – № 101(1). – P. 8–10.
5. Lehrer P.M. Resonant frequency biofeedback training to increase cardiac variability: rationale and manual for training. / P.M. Lehrer, E. Vaschillo, B. Vaschillo // Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback. – 2000. – № 25. – P. 177–191.
6. Частота дыхания и вариабельность сердечного ритма у здоровых добровольцев в биообратной связи / А.Л. Кулик, А.К. Задерихин, В.И. Шульгин [и др.] // Вісник Харківського національного університету імені В.Н. Каразіна. – 2009. – № 879, вип. 18. – С. 20–24.
7. Shields R.W. Jr. Heart rate variability with deep breathing as a clinical test of cardiovagal function. / R.W. Jr. Shields // Cleve Clin J Med. – 2009.– № 76. – Suppl 2. – P. 37–40.
8. Breathing frequency bias in fractal analysis of heart rate variability. / P. Perakakis, M. Taylor, E. Martinez-Nieto [et al.] // Biol Psychol. – 2009. – № 82(1). – P. 82–88.
9. Breathing cardiovascular variability and baroreflex in mechanically ventilated patients. / A. Van de Louw, C. Medigue, Y. Papelier [et al.] //Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. – 2008. – № 295(6). – P. 1934–1940.
10. Исследуем регуляторные процессы / Н.И. Яблучанский, А.В. Мартыненко, А.С. Исаева [и др.] // – Донецк : ЧП Бугасова, 2005. – 196 с.
The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series Medicine has following copyright terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work, with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.