Focus and Scope
The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series Medicine publishes research papers of modern experimental and clinical medicine pertains (but not limited) to organization of healthcare, philosophy of medicine, fundamental and clinical research, clinical cases, medical law, reviews, lectures, conference abstracts and information about anniversaries.
The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series Medicine accepts original full length research articles, review articles, short communications and case reports related to the research in the medical science and human health.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts of The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series Medicine are peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers, and usually three reviewers, of the journal’s international Editorial Review Board of experts in fields specifically matching the journal topics.
Characteristics of the peer review process are as follows:
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated;
- Manuscripts with contents outside the scope will not be considered for review;
- Papers will be refereed by at least 2 experts as suggested by the editorial board;
- In addition, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed. Authors will be informed when Editors decide further review is required;
- All publication decisions are made by the journal's Editors-in-Chief on the basis of the referees' reports. Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly;
- All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. We expect our Board of Reviewing Editors and reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential material as well;
- Editors and reviewers involved in the review process should disclose conflicts of interest resulting from direct competitive, collaborative, or other relationships with any of the authors, and remove oneself from cases in which such conflicts preclude an objective evaluation. Privileged information or ideas that are obtained through peer review must not be used for competitive gain;
- Our peer review process is confidential and identities of reviewers cannot be revealed.
Issue No. 33 will be published in June 2017.
Issue No. 34 will be published in December 2017.
Issue No. 35 will be published in June 2018.
Issue No. 36 will be published in December 2018.
Issue No. 37 will be published in June 2019.
Issue No. 38 will be published in December 2019.
Issue No. 39 will be published in June 2020.
Issue No. 40 will be published in December 2020.
Open Access Policy
The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series Medicine provides easy and free access to the catalog, metadata and full-text articles from the journal on personal Website.
Terms of publication
1. Directing the article to the Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series Medicine author automatically agrees to place their materials in scientometric databases and on the web-sites of university.
2. The article must be accompanied by an external review by any employee of any medical organization with a scientific degree, which is not the author/co-author of the article (example 1 in document for download).
3. Manuscripts are published only in English. The author can send Ukrainian or Russian version to check its compliance with the rules of the journal before performing the translation.
4. Manuscripts should be sent to the editor by e-mail in a single file with *.doc or *.docx format.
5. Decoration of the article. Fields of the document should be 2 cm on all sides. All text sections (text, tables, figure, captions, etc.) should be typed by font «Times New Roman», 14 size, without hyphens and tabs. Line spacing in the text should be 1.5, table - 1.0. The text and titles should not contain words, typed in capital letters (except abbreviations).
6. On the first page of the manuscript the author must indicate the following information:
1 line - UDC. Author can get this code or in medical library, or make using any online classifier. The entire line should be printed by capital letters with bold and aligned to the left, for example: UDC 123: 456/789.
2 line - the title of the article. It should be printed by capital letters with bold and aligned to the center of the page, for example: Title of article.
3 line - surname and initials of the author/authors. It should be printed by usual letters with bold italics and aligned to the center of the page, for example: Ivanov I.
4 line - the name of the institution, city, country. It should be printed by usual letters and aligned to the center of the page, for example: V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine. If the article is submitted by several authors and they work in different institutions, they must use digital "markers" 1, 2, 3 ..., which according to the numbering should be posted after the name of the author and before the name of the institution where he works.
5 line - a summary of the article. It should be printed by usual letters aligned with the width of the page and include no more than 500 words.
6 line - key words. Section title should be printed in capital letters with bold italics, aligned with the width of the page, key words and phrases should be printed by usual letters, for example: KEYWORDS: text, text, text, text, text. Do not put point after the last keyword!
7. Further, the author should duplicates 2-6 lines in Ukrainian and then in Russian.
8. Structure of the main text should have standard structure for scientific papers. Article should contain the following essential elements: introduction (statement of the problem in general; connection of problem with important scientific or practical tasks; analysis of recent researches and publications; selection of the unsolved aspects of the problem); objectives (formation of the purposes of article, problem definition); material and methods of research; results and discussion (with full justification of the results); conclusions; prospects for further research. All of these items should be printed on a new line in capital letters and bold (for example: INTRODUCTION), the following text should begin on a new line.
9. If the work is done within the framework of scientific research, you should specify the topic and number of state registration.
10. References are formed according to mention of sources in the text by DSTU 8302:2015. 70% of references should be not older than 5 years; at least 30% - foreign sources. Each new source must be on a new line, in the original language by Latin script. It is impossible to refer to unpublished works.
11. Commonly used and generally accepted terms should be given in the form of abbreviations (acronyms should be described at the first mention). Do not use abbreviations in the title, summary, aims and conclusions of the article.
12. Tables should be obvious, have a name represented above table, column headings should be connected with content, information displayed in the table should not be repeated in the text. If there is more than one table, they should be numbered.
13. Illustrations should be presented in the text in formats: JPG, TIF, GIF, BMP, the author is responsible for the quality of the drawings.
14. If the studies have been conducted on animals and humans should be submitted written application, signed by the author, confirming that performed work is not contrary to international and national regulations.
15. Authors are responsible for the scientific and literary editing of submitted material, quotations, but the editors reserve the right to edit your own articles or denying the author in the publication if the material does not match with above requirements.
16. Author can find correct example of the article in example 2 in documents for download.
17. Manuscripts that do not match to these standards will be returned for revision.
18. Articles are accepted throughout the year in line mode.
19. If necessary, editors can provide professional translators for authors for preparing manuscripts to publication.
20. Prepared articles should be sent to e-mail email@example.com
Publication ethics and malpractice statement
Publication decisions. Based on the review report of the editorial review board, the editor can accept, reject, or request modifications to the manuscript.
Review of manuscripts. Each editor must ensure that each manuscript is initially evaluated by the editor for originality, making use of appropriate software to do so. Following desk review, the manuscript is forwarded blind peer review to the editorial review board that will make a recommendation to accept, reject, or modify the manuscript.
Fair review. The editor must ensure that each manuscript is reviewed for its intellectual content without regard to sex, gender, race, religion, citizenship, etc. of the authors.
Confidentiality. The editor must ensure that information regarding manuscripts submitted by the authors is kept confidential.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest. The editor will not use unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript for his/her own research without written consent of the author.
Reporting standards. Authors should present an accurate account of their original research as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Manuscripts will follow the submission guidelines of the journal.
Originality. Authors must ensure that they have written entirely original work.
Multiple, redundant or concurrent publications. Authors should not submit the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently. It is also expected that the author will not publish redundant manuscripts or manuscripts describing the same research in more than one journal.
Acknowledgement of sources. Manuscript reviewers must ensure that authors have acknowledged all sources of data used in the research. Any kind of similarity or overlap between the manuscripts under consideration or with any other published paper of which reviewer has personal knowledge must be immediately brought to the editor’s notice.
Authorship of the paper. Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to conception, design, execution or interpretation of the reported study. Others who have made significant contribution must be listed as co-authors. Authors also ensure that all the authors have seen and agreed to the submitted version of the manuscript and their inclusion of names as co-authors.
Fundamental errors in published works. If at any point of time, the author(s) discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in submitted manuscript, then the error or inaccuracy must be reported to the editor.
Standards of objectivity. Review of submitted manuscripts must be done objectively and the reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
Promptness. In the event that a reviewer feels it is not possible for him/her to complete review of manuscript within stipulated time then this information must be communicated to the editor, so that the manuscript could be sent to another reviewer.
Screening for plagiarism
Papers submitted to The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series Medicine will be screened for plagiarism using etxt antiplagiat detection tools and we will immediately reject papers leading to plagiarism or self-plagiarism.
Article processing charge
Article processing, submission and publication in The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, series Medicine is free for all autors.
Open Access statement
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.